Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome!  We are always here to help answer any questions you may have.
Here are answers to some questions we’re often asked.

What materials are accepted at KLBM?

NOTE: For a complete list of acceptable/unacceptable/conditional materials, click here.

How should I load my bin?

1. NOTE: Please do not place hazardous materials into the bin.
2. We suggest separating construction waste from all inert material (bricks, blocks, dirt, concrete, asphalt).  This will reduce your dumping fees.
3. Evenly distribute waste within the bin. A balanced load makes for an easier pickup and safer transport.
4. DO NOT OVERLOAD!  Any bin containing waste that is piled higher than the top is considered overloaded.  KLBM will not pick up an overloaded bin.

What is not allowed in the bin?

  • Hazardous materials, such as chemicals, toxic compounds, PCBs, asbestos, etc.
  • Liquid waste, such as oil, paints, solvents, thinners, etc.
  • Unseparated waste (unseparated waste is considered general waste and is charged as such).  By separating waste, you will save yourself additional expense.

NOTE: For a complete list of acceptable/unacceptable/conditional materials, click here.

Do I need to make special preparations at the bin site?


  • For roll-off bins, we require a 5-metre (16′ 5″) wide access to the bin site to accommodate our trucks and allow them room to work.
  • No vehicles should be parked near the bin site at a time you are expecting a roll-off bin placement, exchange, or pickup.
  • Put plywood where the bin is located to avoid any damage to the ground surface (your driveway, asphalt, or lawn).

Can the bin be placed on the street?

Every municipal or local government has their own policy, so call your city or town office (see below for contact information) to find out if a permit is required and inquire of any other pertinent information.  There may be special requirements to allow for temporary placement of a disposal bin on a roadway.  Some common special requirements may include:

  • A minimum roadway width must be kept clear and passable at all times.
  • Bin and chute must be properly tarped to prevent flying debris.
  • Flasher barricades are to be provided at each end of the disposal bin(s) from one half hour before sunset to one half hour after sunrise.
  • Name and number of the bin company must be displayed on the bin.
  • Placement of disposal bin must not create a visual hazard for motorists or pedestrians, or interfere with traffic regulatory lights and signs.

To get you started, we have provided links to the applicable permit applications for several town and cities.


Road Occupancy Permit Application
Telephone: 905-727-1375
Address: Aurora Town Hall, 100 John West Way, Box 1000, Aurora, Ontario, L4G 6J1


Telephone : 905-895-5193
Address: 395 Mulock Drive, P.O. Box 328 Station Main, Newmarket, Ontario L3Y 4X7

Road Occupancy Permit Application

Richmond Hill

Telephone: 905-771-8800
Address: 225 East Beaver Creek Road, Ground Floor, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3P4

Road Occupancy Permit Application


Please click here for contact information for the City of Toronto
Temporary Street Occupation Permit